These potato puffs are a cross between a classic knish and a tarte tot. This recipe is great for gatherings or an easy dish for weeknight dinners.
Makes 22 puffs
3 large potatoes, peeled and shredded
1/2 cup arrowroot flour
1/2 cup tapioca starch
1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum or konjac
1 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon powder garlic
1 tablespoon dry parsley
1/4 cup hemp milk or milk substitute
1/3 cup sunflower oil
- In a large bowl place shredded potatoes in cold water and let them soak for 20 minutes. Strain potatoes and squeeze out water excess by placing them in a paper towel.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a mini muffin tray and set aside.
- Combine the flour, starch, konjac, black pepper, garlic powder and see salt in a large bowl.
- Using a hand mixer add the milk, oil and parsley. Blend for one minute.
- Add the potatoes and blend for another minute.
- Using a tablespoon pour batter into the prepared muffin pan. Bake for 40 minutes, until the tops are golden brown.
These puffs can be freeze and reheated for an easy dinner side dish.