All the flavors you love from traditional s’mores packed into a yummy gluten free cookie. Finding gluten free graham crackers that are also soy free can be a challenge and normally graham crackers are made with graham flour, but even though this recipe doesn’t contain any graham, the crackers still taste as though they do. In this recipe the marshmallows remain soft even after the cookies have cool down.
This allergy friendly version is easy to make and dairy free as well.
1 ½ cup brown rice flour
½ cup tapioca starch
¼ cup sorghum flour
2 tablespoon golden flaxseed
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 teaspoon konjac powder (xanthan gum)
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup non hydrogenated vegetable shortening
3/4 cup organic cane sugar
¼ cup organic brown sugar
¼ cup of water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
16 large marshmallows
16 (dairy - soy free) chocolate squares. Enjoy Life’s vegan rice milk chocolate bars are soy free, nut free, dairy free.
- Preheat the oven to 350 ° Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine the flours, cream of tartar, baking soda, konjac powder, salt and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- In a separate large mixing bowl cream together the shortening and brown sugar on medium speed for 5 minutes, scraping down the sides as needed. Beat in the vanilla. The mixture will be light and fluffy.
- Mix the golden flaxseed with water and add this mixture to batter, mix for 1 minute or until fluffy again.
- Add flour mixture to mixing bowl and beat on low for 1 minute or until well blended.
- With a small ice cream scoop, scoop the batter out onto the prepared baking sheets to form 16 cookies. Top each cookie with a square of chocolate, place tray in the oven and bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove the tray from the oven once again and top each cookie with a marshmallow. Turn on the broiler and broil until marshmallows begin to slightly brown, about 20 seconds. Watch carefully to avoid burning.
- Cool cookies on tray for 5 minutes. Then remove cookies and set on wire rack to completely cool off.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.